August 6th, 2008Grand Prix Cigars; New Store a Welcoming Place
by Tammy McVey-Camilleri
Southbury – Taking pieces from family trips all over the U.S. and Europe, mixed with a passion for cigars and for friends and family to spend time together, Tony and Anne Armeno opened Grand Prix Cigars at 1455 Southford Road on April 17.
“Our mission for the store has many parts,” Tony told Voices. “Along with our family’s enthusiasm for auto racing, a culmination of the bits and pieces of a life time, our desire to open the store was based on creating a welcoming space for people to enjoy, relax and learn about cigars.”
Grand Prix Cigars welcomes customers with a crisp temperature, soft tan earth tone colors, palm planters, large mahogany humidors, cigar lockers for rent, gift displays, a smoking lounge and personalized customer service.
Tony and Anne felt it was paramount that they have a comfortable lounge and that it would complete the experience.
Grand Prix Cigars offers a fine selection of 50 cigars. Twenty infused flavored cigars are kept in a separate humidor.
The mahogany, cedar-lined cases were custom-built to ensure the proper humidity levels.
- New cigar shop counts on diverse offerings to create niche
- Votivo Releases Special Edition RAIN Candle Honoring Paramount Pictures and Regency Enterprises’ “Noah,” In Theaters March 28, 2014
- Launch Weekend Success for New High Street Shop
- Holiday Market Expands its Merchants Row
- Feather Your Nest at Three Birds, a Lovely new Home Decor and Gift Shop in Queen Anne