March 20th, 2012Jonathan Adler Plans to Open D.C. Store in May by Jura Koncius
Washington, D.C. – Jonathan Adler has always had a big Washington following for his mod-meets-traditional home-furnishings line. So on May 22, when the New York designer plans to open a signature shop in Georgetown, he’s going to stock plenty of hot-pink wool throws, stoneware horses and acid-yellow needlepoint pillows.
“A lot of my references have a sort of updated take on the WASP-y country-club style that is very Georgetown,” says Adler, who started his design life as a potter. “Georgetown is one of those singular places in the world with such a distinct character. I like to put my stores in places that I really like spending time in. I’m really looking forward to being there.”
Adler also fondly recalls that Washington is the first town where he tried both sushi and Ethiopian food.
- Kurt Adler Honored with Gift for Life’s 2014 Chuck Yancy Lifetime Achievement Award
- Kurt S. Adler, Inc. to Donate Portion of Proceeds from Hollywood Nutcracker to Gift for Life
- Merchants hoping to cast spells over shoppers
- New Gift Shop Dalton Pratt Opens in North Georgetown
- Toy store All Things Kids Expanding to The Domain