November 27th, 2011As Hospitals Struggle, Gift Shops Provide Spark by Making Money by Rebecca Nappi
Spokane, WA – A shopper recently marched into the gift shop at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center and asked: “Where are the clip-on ornaments?”
She was shown to the decorated Christmas tree, where she picked out several ornaments. She clips a $50 bill onto each ornament for everyone on her Christmas list.
The woman is not a hospital patient. She doesn’t visit anyone. She simply shops there, as if it were a “real” gift store.
Which, indeed, it is.
- Robinson brings ‘New Creations’ to Darlington hospital
- Cupcakes for Christmas: Dress Your Christmas Tree With “Tree Treats”
- Gift shop delves into the Victorian; Hand of Man finds niche in Christmas decorations
- Build-A-Bear to Open Second Hospital-based Store
- Deb & Co. Gives Two Paws Up For Pets This Holiday Season