Jackson, MI – Art 634’s newest shop will be unlike anything the building has featured before.
On April 14, the Old Prison Gift Shop is scheduled to open. The shop, which will be managed by Judy Gail Krasnow, will be dedicated to selling prison-related items, including literature, poetry and art created by prisoners who are part of the Prison Creative Arts Project (PCAP).
Krasnow started Historic Prisons Tours of Jackson several years ago, which initially included the old prison at Armory Arts Village, which is located next door to Art 634, 634 N. Mechanic St. Last year, Krasnow received permission from the Michigan Department of Corrections to expand her tours to include 7 Block at the still-functioning Southern Michigan Correctional Facility on Parnall Road.
- Holiday shopping a critical draw for Jackson artists
- Great Lakes Artisan Village/Market Place
- Five Things You Didn’t Know About Anna’s Gifts and Home Decor and The Porch Cafe
- A Frame Above and The Hodge Podge Shop in Jackson Expanding, Moving
- Children’s Clothing Store Opens Today in Downtown Syracuse